A new mom dives into parenthood. Will our heroine survive?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 28, 2007

My Frugal Christmas Gifts

Christmas has come and gone, but my frugal memories remain! One of my frugal gifts this year was instead of buying expensive gifts for my brothers and father I made them dinner! The cost of the food was much less than purchasing gifts and I was able to give them something they appreciated much more! My brother especially has begun making his own money and therefore purchasing what he wants when he wants it. So making him a home-cooked meal was probably a better gift than anything I could have afforded to buy him. I made a somewhat fancy dinner for my gift to them, but spaghetti would have sufficed if I'd been on a tighter budget! So next time you need to come up with a nice gift, try giving the gift of time spent in the kitchen! Click for my Christmas dinner post. And for frugal tips visit http://www.biblicalwomanhood.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. Hope you had fun. Sounds delicious! We leave Jan 8th, maybe talk to you before then? Your card was beautiful...love the photo!

Debbie J said...

Good ideas! your brother would have loved the spaghetti too!

Little Penpen said...

Great idea... I think the idea of "time".... food and fellowship is the best gift of all. Isn't it funny how we (I know we do this in our family) buy gifts for people in our family that we rarely see? I think a meal and "time" together would be so much better!