A new mom dives into parenthood. Will our heroine survive?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekly Meal Plan

I must I must I must - get back on track with meal planning. For the longest time, Hubby and I were eating just soup and salad, but due to boredom I've been throwing some other healthy items into the mix. So, that means I need to get organized again and plan ahead!

Monday - Gourmet Roast Veggies
Tuesday - Veggie Burritos with Salsa
Wednesday - Marinated Tofu???
Thursday - Cucumber Sandwiches (YUM)
Friday - Salad w/Homemade Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Saturday - DIY sandwiches and salads

Though the menu looks it - we are actually NOT vegetarian. I bought some tofu the other day simply because it was about $1 per pound cheaper than beef. And all the vegetables are because I'm trying to keep things super low-calorie. By the way, I am not a cucumber fan AT ALL - but those cucumber sandwiches were amazing and incredibly filling. A very good diet food.

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Your cucumber sandwiches sound yummy. We are on a continual journey of healthy eating. On my menu plan monday post I included a recipe that my oldest daughter made. It was a chicken dish, but very yummy and very healthy. I only ate half a chicken breast.

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds very tasty! Have you ever tried freezing tofu? When you defrost it and crumble it it has a texture similar to ground beef. I use it to make a shepard's pie.

Debbie J said...

Good thing you and R got your meat fix Sunday, huh? Sounds good, even without the meat.