A new mom dives into parenthood. Will our heroine survive?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cute and Frugal Christmas Gifts

I have decided to make a lot of my Christmas Gifts this year. There are a ton of people that I always buy a little something for and that "little something" could range anywhere from 5-10 dollars in price. Since we are on a shoestring budget this year, I decided to make Christmas Candy Jars out of Mason Canning Jars. I have only made 6 so far, but they turned out pretty cute. The beauty of this project is two-fold. Number one is the price. Each jar cost approximately $1.50 to make. Number two is the thought behind each one. They may not have cost a lot, but they take a while to make. I really put a lot of care into them, trying to make them cute and attempting to make the bows look right. I hope the recipients of these gifts like them as much as I do!



I like them so much that I was thinking of selling them in an Etsy shop for 3 or 4 dollars a piece. I don't know, we'll see. Here are some pics:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely try to sell them they are so cute!

Bobi Jensen said...

The fabrics are really pretty, adds a great touch.

Debbie J said...

Those are absolutly precious. I love them!