A new mom dives into parenthood. Will our heroine survive?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WFMW - Coupon Organization

I used to use a traditional accordian style coupon organizer, but it was lost when we moved to our new home. I honestly never liked it much anyway because it was hard to tell what coupons I had, and even more of a pain to separate the expired coupons from the usable ones. So last week I racked my brain to come up with a better system and I think I found it!

I purchased a 1" 3-ring binder at Wal-Mart for about $1, two packs of loose leaf paper for 82 cents each, and two sets of page dividers. I organized the divider tabs as follows:

Food
Baby
Home
Bath/Body
Pets
Restaurants/Misc
CVS
Christmas Reciepts (to keep track of the Cha-Ching!)

I then divided out the loose leaf paper between the tabs and taped my coupons onto the paper according to their category. Now my coupons are on display for me when I open my organizer. I can see exactly what I have, and when a whole page expires - I just tear it out.

Of course, carrying this large book into the store is not very practical, so I plan my shopping trip and tear out the coupons that I need to take with me. It may not work for everyone, but it certainly "Works for me"!! For more great tips please head over to Rocks In My Dryer!

Hello Coupons.

How are you today?

4 comments:

Debbie J said...

That looks like a good system to me! Anything to simplify the coupon monster!

Little Penpen said...

Bless your heart for posting this! I was going through my huge stack of coupons on Sunday and I told my husband "there has to be a better way." I will attempt to make my own book next week. This looks like a good plan!

Bobi Jensen said...

I tagged you for 7 things. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your wisdom :)
I'll have to add this to my list of projects. I HATE my accordion coupon carrier.