A new mom dives into parenthood. Will our heroine survive?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tree Decision '07

Kacie at Sense to Save, posted an interesting question the other day - Real Tree or Artificial? It was interesting to me because I had just been considering that same question in terms of what our family should do this year.

I have only had a real tree a few times in my life. I "think" I remember having a real tree a couple of times when I very small. Then when I was living in Boston that first year, my roommates insisted upon a real tree. They dragged it up 5 flights of stairs and had it decorated before I even got home from work. I don't really remember it that much except that it was sitting beside the television for about a month.

This year I thought it would be kind of nice to celebrate our first Christmas with Goose by going out and doing the whole "picking out a live tree" thing. Like how they do on Christmas shows! But then Hubby and I thought about it a little more and figured Goose won't remember it anyway, so lets get another year or two out of our artificial tree and save a little cash.

I think artificial trees are pretty great though - they never wilt or die. Some of are pre-lit. Many of them look better-than real. And you don't have to water them. But I do think it would be a fun tradition to go as a family and pick out the tree - or maybe we can go to Debbie J.'s house and chop one down or something! (Just kidding)

1 comment:

Debbie J said...

I think you made the right decision. In a few years It'll be fun to go get a real tree and maybe the baby will remember it some day!